3.8 Mycosis fungoides at the 9 year old boy
- first signs of disease since he was 3 year old
- erythematous patches and plaques were limited to both buttocks
- diagnosis of mycosis fungoides was made at the age of 13
- regimen according to ALCL 99, standard risk group (3×A, 3×B cycles),
maintenace therapy with Vinblastine 1 mg/m21× a week,
then 2×1 mg/m2 a week and finaly 2×2 mg/m2
for total of 12 months.
- 1st relapse after 2 years; local (buttocks), achieved 2nd
remission with PUVA treatment, since then on PUVA therapy.
- From now on (3 years) only skin hyperpigmentation on buttocks;
on PUVA therapy with decreasing intensity.
Alightly acanthotic epidermis with slight hyperkeratosis and focal
slight parakeratosis. Dense superficial lymphocytic infiltration with
prominent epidermotropism. CD3+, CD20-.
Mycosis fungoides, HE, CD3, CD20:
Mycosis fungoides, child, HE 60x (6310)
Mycosis fungoides, child, CD3 60x (6309)
Mycosis fungoides, child, CD20 60x (6308)
Mycosis fungoides, child, HE 60x (6307)
Mycosis fungoides, child, CD3 60x (6312)